The English version is for reference only. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Construction Law of the People’s Republic of China, Law of the People’s Republic of China on Bid and Tender, Contract Law of the People’s Republic of China, Regulations of Shanghai on Administration of Construction Market, Regulations of Shanghai on Urban Planning, Measures for Administration of Contracting and Development of Construction Projects in Shanghai, Notice on Printing and Issuance of the Interim Regulations on Prevention of Delay to Pay the Construction Amount in Shanghai, Notice on Strengthening the Management of Return to Work of Construction Projects and Commencement of Construction Projects after Completion of Expo in Shanghai, and other laws, regulations, rules and normative documents relating to buildings and building materials
Scope of Application
Construction projects with a total investment of not less than RMB1,000,000 in the Zone (Yangshan, WaiGaoQiao, and Airport)
1. Application for Construction License; after generation at (building and building materials industries in Shanghai), each of which shall be printed on the front and back sides of A4 paper, affixing the official seal and legal person seal of the construction unit
2. Construction Project Planning Certificate (original and photocopy, if a planning certificate is not required, please sign a Letter of Commitment to Inform the Planning on House Decoration and Equipment Installation Projects)
3. Original and photocopy of the Approval of Construction Land or License of Ownership of Real Estate
4. Form of Site Review and Approval of Construction License of Construction Projects in Shanghai
5. Filing of General Contract for Construction of Construction Projects (original and photocopy)
6. Original and photocopy of accounting vouchers of project price paid to the general contractor through the dedicated project account; if the time limit is not less than one year, in principle, the funds in place shall not be less than 50% of the project contract price, if the time limit exceeds one year, the funds in place shall not be less than 30% of the project contract price. The construction unit shall provide a certificate of funds in place as issued by the bank, or provide a letter of guarantee of payment or other third-party guarantee.
7. Photocopy of the Acceptance Notice
8. Original of form of completion of safety quality report for supervision of construction projects in Shanghai (if there is any civil defense project, the form of completion of report for supervision of civil defense projects)
9. Receipt of the payroll accounts for employees as opened by the general contractor (original and photocopy)
10. Other materials required
For projects with a limit exceeding the specified amount, the construction unit shall, after the conditions for application for construction license are satisfied, complete the construction license at (the website of the Building and Building Materials industries in Shanghai), against the report number and card number as specified in Shanghai Construction Project Card. The online completion software system will conduct the data comparison, and after passing such comparison, the construction unit may print out the Application for Construction License with barcode, and complete the online declaration and reporting of the construction license.
Submission of written materials
Handling and receiving of materials
Application Location and Contact Information
Room 1709, F/17, No. 9 Jilong Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
Post Code: 200131
Contacts: Xue Linye and Zhang Jing
Contact Tel.: 021-58698751 021-58698750
Mode of Complaint to the Management Committee of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Provided by Lawyers Working Committee of Pudong New Area