Notice of the General Administration of Customs on Printing and Distributing the Reform Plan of the Customs Supervision Service Mode in China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
Special grade shu jia han  No.44
To conscientiously carry out the deployment of the Party Central Committee and the State Council and thoroughly implement the Decision of the Central Committee of CPC on Important Issues of Comprehensively Deepening Reform of the 3rd Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party and the Framework Plan of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone printed and distributed by the State Council, earnestly build and administer the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone, and quickly promote the pilot reform and exercise safe and efficient supervision, upon approval by the Party group of the General Administration, we print and distribute to you the Reform Plan of the Customs Supervision Service Mode in the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (see Annex). You are requested to conscientiously and quickly organize study and implementation on schedule specified in the Plan and according to requirements of reform items, do a good job of promotion and implementation, make practice while exploring, make perfection while making implementation, strengthen communication and contact with relevant departments of the General Administration, make timely request and report on major issues to the General Administration, and conscientiously sum up the reform experience and system design that can be copied and spread.
Notice is hereby given.
Reform Plan of the Customs Supervision Service Mode in China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
The establishment of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (hereinafter referred to as the Pilot Zone) is a material decision-making of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, a major move of carrying out in depth the spirit of the 18th CPC National Congress and comprehensively deepening reforms under the new situations. To conscientiously carry out the Decision of the Central Committee of CPC on Important Issues of Comprehensively Deepening Reform of the 3rd Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party (hereinafter referred to as the Decision) and the Framework Plan of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone printed and distributed by the State Council (hereinafter referred to as the Framework Plan), further transform functions, optimize service, strengthen supervision, take effective control, earnestly do well in building and managing the Pilot Zone to explore new channels and accumulate new experience so as to thoroughly deepen reform and expand the opening up and in line with the Several Measures of the General Administration of Customs on Supervising and Supporting Safely and Efficiently and Promoting the Construction of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone and in the light of working practice of the customs, this Plan is formulated through study.
I. General train of thought
Take the Decision of the 3rd Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party as guide, carry out in depth the requirements of the Central Economic Work Conference, solve the relation between the market and the government according to the deployment of the Framework Plan to make the market play the decisive role in the allotment of resources as well as to make the government better play its role so as to achieve an organic consolidation between both of them. Give full respect for the operation law of enterprise economy, quicken functional transformation, adhere to taking the lead in making the first try, actively explore the management mode and institutional innovation in line with requirements of the market economy law, promote facilitation of trade and investment, drive the Pilot Zone forming a stable, transparent and prospective business environment in tune with requirements of internalization and legalization.
2. General objectives
By exercising the “information-, intelligence-, facilitation-, rule-of-law- and security-oriented” reforms and the supporting reforms of institutional personnel, sci-tech equipment and informatization system, (hereinafter referred to as “5-oriented and 3-supporting reforms”), form a new customs supervision service mechanism and management mode in the Pilot Zone, which are of administration simplified and integrated, intelligence driven, and risk controlled and of facilitation and high effect, with informatization as the foundation, intellectualization as the key, facilitation as the direction, rule of law as guarantee and security as requirement, make management functions transform, supervision efficient and convenient, and accumulate experience in reform that can be copied and spread so as to better service the objective of deepening reform, raising the level of open economy and promoting scientific development of our country’s economy and society.
3. Basic principles
(1) Weakening the upper and strengthening the lower. Adapt to the requirements of the Pilot Zone for building up a system of international high-standard investment and trade rules, by “weakening the upper and strengthening the lower, and shifting down the main emphasis of work”, reform the customs administrative management system and service management mechanism now available in the Pilot Zone, reorganize the institutional personnel, consolidate post functions and operational procedures, strengthen the grass-roots management, enhance front-line supervision force, optimize the allocation of human resources, and make functional management modularized and integrated by continuous improvement through scientific evaluation.
(2) Streamlining administration and delegating power. As required by building a socialist market economy system, synchronously push forward the strengthening of supervision, the streamlining of administration and delegating of power, to make the market play its decisive role in the allocation of resources, and the customs better play its role of governmental department. Optimize the realization mode of the customs control function, return economy to the market, and minimize the intervention in the enterprise operation law to the maximum extent. Respect the market economy law, respect the enterprise’s full right to independent operation, raise the administrative efficiency and level of the customs control, and drive the healthy development of the Pilot Zone with the institutional and mechanism innovation and with the new mode of the customs supervision service.
(3) Being of convenience and high effect. Satisfy the basic requirements of “front-line being open, and back-line under safe and highly effective control”, “Back-line supervision mode being linked with front-line supervision mode”, innovate in the customs supervision mode, increase risk analysis, exercise classification management, reduce man-made intervention, and achieve convenience and high effect. Increase the input of sci-tech equipment, realize the informatization of operation procedures and intellectualization of risk control, facilitate the clearance by enterprises, reduce clearance cost and promote the free flow of various factors in the Pilot Zone.
(4) Strengthening supervision. Always take “guard the gate of our country” as the primary task. Stick to the organic unification of “under control”, “fast clearance” and “being open”, while making great efforts to conduct facilitation of trade in the Pilot Zone, work hard to strengthen actual supervision, and earnestly improve the customs supervision efficiency in the Pilot Zone according to the objective of efficient supervision. Draw lessons from the practice of the customs clearance in the developed countries and regions, innovate in the idea, system and means of supervision, and endeavor to build up, from the height of lifting the competitive power of our country’s integral economy, an advanced mode of the customs supervision that can compete with other countries in the world.
(5) Being fair and just. Take the promotion of social fairness and justice as the start point and standing point, build a centralized and unified law-enforcement system of the customs in the Pilot Zone, strengthen the law enforcing transparency of the customs, rationally set up the scope and ratio of random inspections according to the credit rating of enterprises and in line with the risk level of trade behavior of enterprises, embody fairness of rights, opportunities and rules, and distribute bonus of the customs reform and innovation, so as to make the customs reform achievement bring benefits to the majority of enterprises and reflect the requirement of the people’s customs for the people.
(6) Overall consideration. We should stick to combining the top-level design and the grass-roots initiative, top-level unified arrangement and grass-roots active exploration, gather forces from all sides, promote the all-round deepening of reform in the Pilot Zone by exercising reform and innovation in the customs management, and also stick to combining the advancement in the whole and breakthrough in the key points, comply with the requirements of the top-level design, make scientific design of reform channels, take full consideration of the bearing capability of all sides, and steadily push forward the customs reform and development according to the actual needs of the construction of the Pilot Zone.
II. Main tasks and measures
Rely on mass data, cloud computing, Internet of things and such other modern information technology to build a unified informatization supervision platform of the customs in the Pilot Zone, at every service point of the customs supervision, effectively gaining, processing and utilizing supervision data, so as to realize the system unification, interconnection and intercommunication, no-paper operation, and electronic seine, thus laying foundation for intellectualized processing, facilitated operation, normalized law enforcement and security guarantee.
(1) Building a unified supervision informatization system of the customs in the Pilot Zone. Consolidate and upgrade the existing customs supervision informatization system of Shanghai customs special supervision area to the Pilot Zone customs supervision informatization system (hereinafter referred to as the Pilot Zone informatization system). As required by the Pilot Zone operation features and the new requirements of the customs supervision, optimize and perfect the customs supervision function module in the Pilot Zone informatization system, and increase new service management modules such as “first entering and then declaring” and “selective taxation” and other new business mode management modules that meet requirements of expanding opening-up of the service industry, thus realizing the full coverage of the customs operations in the entire informatization and supervision information system.
(2) Realizing interconnection and intercommunication of internal and external information systems. First, expand the data collection function of the Pilot Zone informatization system by inside-draw and outside-connection, realize the docking connection and information sharing with the customs internal management system, and realize functions of mutual confirmation of information of “three types of documents”, namely, manifest, bill of lading and bill of entry; second, rely on China electronic port and Shanghai electronic port to connect the Pilot Zone informatization system and the Pilot Zone enterprise operation management system, to provide enterprises with standard electronic data format texts, to realize dynamic collection, leading-in in batch and participation by the entire zone of relevant data; third, connect the systems of the taxation, industry and commerce, quality inspection and other administration departments at the two tiers of the General Administration and Shanghai Customs, to gradually realize the customs’ full control over the business information of enterprises in the Pilot Zone, thus improving the well-directed and effective supervision of the customs; fourth, push forward the docking connection of H2010 customs intelligence system and the Pilot Zone informatization system, to realize the sharing of information resources, intensify the correlated application of the positive supervision information and anti-smuggling operations information, and of the public security information and social information resources, and enrich the comprehensive research and judgment instruments of the intelligence system, thus providing intelligence guarantee and support for the customs supervision work in the Pilot Zone.
(3) Pursuing the complete paper-free practice of the customs operations: Based on the standardization of enterprise declaration data and the optimization of customs operation procedures, give full play to the comprehensive efficiency of the Pilot Zone informatization system covering the whole Zone, running through the complete course and the integrated linkage, and push forward the realization of automatic transmission of formatted documents attached by enterprises and account book filing data and the paper-free practice of the customs internal operation documents; pursue the networked verification of supervision documents; cancel the post-event submission of documents for clearance operations, and carry out the electronic filing of bills of entry; make the complete implementation of paper-free practice of filing examination, clearance management, checkpoint verification, account book write-off, follow-up investigation and all other operation links.
(4) Exploring the electronic seine management in the Pilot Zone. Rely on the Pilot Zone informatization system and the central monitoring platform, apply computer technology and networking technology to improve the customs management efficiency, realize the integration operation of four customs special supervision areas and initially build the customs electronic seine management mode.
Build a closed management circuit of the Pilot Zone customs supervision from data collection to risk analysis, and from execution and disposition to dynamic feedback, based on the informatization, conducting sorting, comprehensive operation, analysis and processing, and making precise risk discrimination and accurate disposition order, form an intellectualized management mode of risk capture and real-time treatment covering all service modules and penetrating the complete procedures including pre-event, mid-event and post-event operations to ensure the safety and high effect of the customs supervision.
(1) Building a unified central monitoring platform. The central monitoring platform is the center of the customs intellectualized management of the Pilot Zone, the operational pivot of integrating information collection, risk analysis, command and dispatch, disposition and execution, and emergency management. By consolidating the video monitoring, seine alarming and other systems in the existing four customs special supervision areas, and realize unified monitoring and centralized display; make comprehensive application of modern communications and hi-tech information technology means, separately collect the information on flow of real goods, documents and information and other internal and external information of the customs, sorting and judging the risk level of mass data, give play to the role of professional experts’ backstage “think tank”, to realize the real-time monitoring of clearance spot and logistics supervision operations, and conduct unified command and coordination, organize the review and recheck, video inspection, mobile verification, follow-up check and other operations.
(2) Building the intellectualized risk analysis mechanism. First, by the preset and dynamic adjustment of the risk evaluation table, automatically collect mass data, filter and analyze the enterprise behavior, make logic judgment of risk situations, and study and build a system of risk identification, prompting and control-taking; second, perfect the existing risk management mechanism and system function, amplify the risk parameters in line with service features in the Pilot Zone, and raise the efficiency of man-made risk analysis; third, increase the scope and ratio of random control-taking, fulfill demands of fairness and justice, and ensure the equal competition and equal benefit.
(3) Realizing the automatic discharge at the checkpoints. Upgrade and renovate the checkpoint facilities. By using intellectualized equipment, automatically read the plate numbers, container number, vehicle weight, electronic seal signs and such other supervision data, conduct automatic comparison of the customs supervision information, risk discrimination, complete the automatic cancellation of vehicle running tracks, inspection of goods, or disposition of discharge order and other checkpoint operations, realize the automatic split-flow and discharge of vehicles, automatic cancellation of account books, and raise the intellectualized level of logistics supervision.
(4) Realizing the intellectualization of the customs operations. Apply risk analysis achievements to the complete procedure of the customs operations, realize high and low risk classified operations, and shift the low risk from clerical examination to automatic operation by the system. Adjust the passage examination mode, give play to the risk discrimination function, and exercise the practice of low-risk document being automatically checked and discharged; change the clerical examination mode of account book filing and verifying link, and realize the automatic filing and accounting of low-risk enterprises’ account books; exercise the networked automatic cancellation of the bank’s guarantee; realize automatic issuance of bills of entry and filling bill certificates and raise the efficiency of the customs electronic operations.
By support of informatization and intellectualization, and through the implementation of procedures resetting, innovation in the customs supervision mode, and support in the expansion of functions, realize the more optimized management procedure, the more efficient supervision and the better service of the Pilot Zone customs, and under the premise of high-level control, facilitate enterprises and the customs. By quickening the speed of the goods clearance flow, lower enterprises’ cost and build a facilitated investment and trade environment. (For the procedures resetting, see Annex 1)
(1) Conducting the resetting of procedures. First, in line with streamlined administration and delegated power, sort and consolidate links of various services to reduce operation links and simplify the examination procedure. Study the substitution of two-man review for the three-tier examination of account book filing, deposit and tax collection, corrections and deletions of documents, inspection of abnormal disposition, and account book cancellation in the existing operation procedures. Unify tax relief equipment management mode; second, conduct logic judgment of various clerical examination services based on the risk level, exercise automatic sorting by use of computer, substitute the computer automatic operation for procedural and formal clerical operation, and reduce clerical operation links to quicken the operation speed; third, simplify and unify the existing two filing bills to realize normalized and quick declaration; forth, strengthen information networked sharing, realize one-time filing and repeated use of enterprise declaration data, in no need of repeated filing with the customs when going through entry-exit declaration, bonded display trade, inspection, maintenance and other services. Fifth, perfect and raise the existing customs duties collection level, explore and study the feasibility of the Pilot Zone customs duty collection by enterprises’ self declaration, intensify the enterprise’s initiative declaration obligation, and reduce malpractice risk of the customs; sixth, based on power clearing and ascertaining, through such modes as administrative entrustment, administrative guidance and service purchase, strengthen the exploration and practice of combining the customs supervision and social governance, strengthen guidance and regulation to trade organizations and intermediary agencies, and enhance the function of social autonomy to form the effective connection and benign interaction with the customs.
(2) Innovating in supervision modes. First, try two-step declaration and centralized declaration. Add a new mode of “first entering and then declaring” to the existing front-line entry link in the Pilot Zone, allow enterprises to make brief declaration to the customs by presentation of manifest, handle the entry of goods or take guaranteed delivery and then make formal declaration to the customs and complete duties payment and customs clearance formalities. Allow entry and exit of enterprise goods in batch and complete declaration formalities in a centralized manner within the prescribed time; second, try initiative tax declaration, and consolidated tax returns and payment. Allow enterprises to make self declaration to increase enterprises’ responsibility for true declaration. Allow enterprises to pay consolidated taxes on goods discharged within the prescribed time of tax payment to the customs. The customs changes the real-time examination to follow-up inspection and takes the latter as principal; third, try the networked supervision and work-order write off. In respect of processing trade enterprises under ERP system management and storage logistics enterprises under warehouse management system, and conduct the customs-enterprise networked supervision, making real-time control and dynamic check on the entry, exit, consumption (transfer) and store of enterprise goods. With respect to processing trade enterprises, cancel unit-consumption declaration and exercise the write-off mode based on the work-order data; fourth, try the practice of “pushing forward and moving behind”, optimizing inspection. Under the premise of effective control formed by the whole zone management and networked supervision, put stress on strengthening pre-event risk analysis, confirmation and inspection, strengthening the follow-up inspection, verification and case-investigation, and pass the inspection stress forward and backward to form dumbbell-type supervision mode; fifth, build an upgrade version of classified clearance and paper-free clearance reform. Based on the existing reform, further raise the ratio of computer automatic examination and discharge of low-risk bills of entry, canceling requirement for attached documents. As for high-risk bills of entry under clerical key examination, only if necessary, request enterprises to provide attached documents; sixth, innovate in the “separate delivery and concentrated declaration, and voluntary transportation” mode between the four customs special supervision areas in the Pilot Zone, and gradually promote the pilot cross-customs bonded transfer between the Pilot Zone and other special areas directly under the customs supervision; seventh, further perfect the zone-port integrated operation mode, and study to realize the convenient supervision measures for direct clearance of cross-customs-ports entry-exit bonded goods into the Zone. Continue to give play to the advantage of the management mode in force in Yangshan Port, and constantly expand the port’s radiative function; eighth, set up a mode of multiple account book management of enterprises in the Pilot Zone to satisfy demands of development of diversified business such as bonded processing, bonded logistics and bonded service of enterprises in the Pilot Zone, realizing classified supervision; ninth, increase the customs tax relief mode, implement selective taxation policy, and levy customs duties on import materials applied for by the enterprises or on goods under the actual declaration state; tenth, allow enterprises in the Pilot Zone, under the premise of effective guarantee, to conduct bonded display trade first and then, within the prescribed time, go through concentrated tax payment formalities; eleventh, intensify the follow-up supervision on import and export enterprises in the Pilot Zone, and carry out the differentiate inspection operation mode, conducting different inspection and check operation mode, method, scope and frequency with respect to import and export enterprises in the Pilot Zone based on different supervision needs by the customs or on the risk level of enterprises; twelfth, promote the area clearance cooperation between the Pilot Zone and the surrounding areas with close economic ties, and accelerate the realization of the integration operation and obstacle-free clearance to give play to the radiative driving role of the Pilot Zone.
(3) Supporting the expansion of functions. Support the expanded opening-up in financial service, shipping service, business service, professional service, cultural service and other service fields, urge the Pilot Zone to take the lead in transformation upgrading towards six great centers, namely, the manufacture center, maintenance center, marketing center, settlement center, R&D center and logistics center, set up the pilot mode of customs supervision suitable thereto, and actively cultivate new trade business modes, so as to realize the simultaneous development of goods trade and service trade.
(4) Exploring the pilot launching of “a single window”. In compliance with the requirements of the 3rd Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee for realizing information interchange, mutual recognition of supervision and mutual aid in law enforcement between port administration related departments, take electronic port as basis, and push forward the practice of enterprises submitting one-time the documents and data required by all related departments of port administration when passing through one platform; the feedback of processing results of all departments is through one platform; all departments realize the united supervision relying on one platform.
4. Rule of law
Actively push forward the building of law-based administration in the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone according to the requirements of “facilitated investment and trade, efficient and convenient supervision, regulated legal system environment”, sorting all laws, regulations and normative documents relating to the customs, quicken the perfection of the customs administration system and rules as required by the development of the Pilot Free Trade Zone, put stress on innovation in system and in management, solidly advance the building of unified law-enforcement, normalize the customs administration as well as the enterprise behavior, maintain the trade safety as well as promote the trade facilitation, and perfect the legal guarantee for the standard, and orderly operation of informatization, intellectualization and facilitation.
(1) Perfecting the legal system to ensure there are laws to go by. According to the reform progress of the Pilot Zone building, sort and clear by stages the customs laws and regulations and normative documents relating to the Pilot Zone building, make revision and perfection in time; study and formulate institutional functions, post duties and operation specifications in line with the customs service procedures resetting in the Pilot Zone; in the course of making innovation in supervision modes, and conduct demonstration, design, and promulgation of supporting management procedures and implementation rules in a synchronous manner.
(2) Making firm the law-enforcement foundation and push forward unification in law enforcement. Consolidate the law-enforcement resources in the four customs special supervision areas, build efficient and unified customs institutions in the Pilot Zone, and unify law-enforcement force to give play to the integrated management efficiency; sort operation standards, operation procedures and post duties in the four customs special supervision areas in the Pilot Zone, unify law-enforcement standards and requirements, firmly push forward the building of law-enforcement unification, strengthen the standard of discretionary right, and ensure the customs law enforcement is fair, just and open, so as to build a stable, transparent and prospective business environment.
(3) Making stronger guidance, supervision and regulation in respect of enterprise business management. While standardizing the customs administration, pay attention to enterprise behavior, and guide enterprises to abide by laws and discipline themselves to realize “the win-win by the customs and enterprises”. Actively and effectively participate in the building of local credit system; optimize the enterprise classified management system and enterprise credit appraisal standard, grasp the complete operation state of enterprises and adjust in a timely manner the enterprise classified management measures.
As required by the Central Committee, strengthen the customs supervision in the Pilot Zone, perform in an all-round way the customs management function including anti-smuggling, normalize the power operation, realize the practice of enhanced supervision and effective support by foundation building, risk control, power regulation, enterprise self-discipline and social joint management, stick to promoting the opening up under the premise of “well under control” , achieve security at the maximum extent in internal and external management, and endeavor to do well in building, managing and developing the Pilot Zone.
(1) “Ten sci-tech systems” regulate the power operation. Realize standardized service operation according to the service link and operation procedure after informatization and intellectualization reform; launch effectively inner-control pre-examination, and reinforce three defense lines of self-control execution, monitored function and special supervision; perfect the restriction and supervision mechanism of power operation, build and strengthen the evaluation and correction mechanism of law-enforcement specifications, and enhance the regulation of discretionary right, enhance the complete course of pre-, mid- and post-event supervision over reform of the Pilot Zone customs supervision service mode, by employing the inner-control check, supervision, auditing, inspection and other supervision means, to put the three risks in law enforcement, honest administration and management under effective control.
(2) Strengthening the actual supervision to raise the supervision efficiency. Earnestly fulfill the guard duty, and make efforts to block goods that endanger the safety of the Pilot Zone. Optimize the supervision and inspection mechanism, deepen the paper-free clearance reform, enhance follow-up supervision, and constantly raise the customs supervision efficiency in the Pilot Zone
(3) Exercising the customs IP protection according to law. Make more efforts to protect the intellectual property of enterprises in the Pilot Zone, help enterprises to improve innovation ability and core competitive power, give support in driving the gathering of IP resources at home and abroad, and effectively strike infringement illegality.
(4) Maintaining the security of the state ideology according to law. Stick to the forward direction of socialist advanced culture, effectively prevent printed matters, audiovisual products and other information media that bring harm to the Chinese politics, economy, culture and morals from infiltrating and breeding in the Pilot Zone, and strengthen the risk control over the relevant enterprises and goods.
(5) Striking smuggling crime according to law. Conscientiously study the operation features in the Pilot Zone, make effective statistical analysis and survey early alarm, strengthen monitoring analysis and comprehensive prevention against possible smuggling risks, draw up the work system for special intelligence collection, study and disposition, strengthen the application of special means of anti-smuggling information, and conduct collection of special intelligence information. Rely on various internal and external data of the informatization monitoring platform to make collection and analysis, early discovery, early disposition to realize the effective control, strike various smuggling crimes precisely, accurately and heavily, prevent such phenomena of pornography, gambling and drugs that endanger the state security and social stability from emerging in the Pilot Zone, and maintain and safeguard the good economic development environment.
III. Supportive reforms
1. Reorganization of institutional personnel
On the principle of “simplification, unification and efficiency” and according to the work requirements of “optimization by consolidation, setting up posts adapted to conditions, personnel matched to posts, simplification and efficiency”, take demands of institutional innovation and service reform as the guide, take the straightening out of the management system and operational mechanism as the core, set up by integration the customs institutions in the Pilot Zone, rationally allocate human resources, achieve the goal of overall management, optimized setting up, “weakening the upper, and strengthening the lower” and shifting down the main emphasis of work.
(1) Doing well in the top-level design of the customs institution in the Pilot Zone. First, integrate the institutions and personnel of Waigaoqiao Bonded Area Customs, Yangshan Port Customs and Pudong International Airport Customs under the jurisdiction of Shanghai Customs in charge of service of the customs special supervision areas, and set up China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Customs (deputy department bureau level) that conducts the unified management of the Pilot Zone. Second, in consideration of Yangshan Port as the state-designated first-class open port, the customs’ main service being port clearance and the convention of customs named generally after the port’s name, in the opinion of Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, in order to push forward the building of Yangshan Port into an international shipping hub port, easy to conduct cooperation in law enforcement with international ports, strive to keep the sign of Yangshan Customs for foreign contact use when submitting the plan for integration of the Pilot Zone customs institutions to the Establishment Office of the Central People’s Government. Third, first set up three agencies at division level under the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Customs: Office Stationed in Waigaoqiao Bonded Area (conducting overall management of the customs service of Waigaoqiao Bonded Area and Waigaoqiao Bonded Logistics Park), Office Stationed in the Pudong Airport Comprehensive Bonded Area, and Office Stationed in Yangshan Bonded Port Area. Next, further study the adjustment thereof depending on the operation of service. Fourth, there are two anti-smuggling branch bureaus at present (Shanghai Waigaoqiao Bonded Area Customs Anti-smuggling Branch Bureau, Yangshan Customs Anti-smuggling Branch Bureau). After approval of the integrated establishment of Pilot Zone Customs by the Establishment Office of the Central People’s Government, synchronously set up China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Customs Anti-smuggling Branch Bureau, exercising overall management of anti-smuggling service in the Pilot Zone.
(2) Doing well in planning the establishment of internal institutions of the Pilot Zone customs. First, break up the pattern of line segmentation and corresponding functional management of existing institutional establishment, foster the concept of modularized setting-up, and strive for office-division-integrated setting-up, and function-integrated management. The Pilot Zone Customs has two comprehensive guarantee departments of General Office and Supervisory Auditing Office, and four division-level functional divisions, namely the Goods Trade Supervision Division, Service Trade Supervision Division, Inspection Division and Sci-tech Informatization Division. Among them, the General Office covers duties of the operation management of comprehensive office, personnel political work and financial equipment; the Goods Trade Supervision Division and Service Trade Supervision Division cover duties of the operation management of processing trade, supervision, taxation and clearance, and the Service Trade Supervision Division also has the operation management duty of various new trade business modes; the inspection division covers duties of risk management, inspection, enterprise management, and statistics. Second, consolidate and reorganize the existing posts of on-spot service departments, realize the substantial simplification of the total of section-level institutions in the Pilot Zone Customs, and the substantial optimization of the operational mechanism. Streamline five section-level institutions by exercising unified management of on-spot “personnel, property, and things” of every kind of service; streamline four section-level institutions by integrating the inspection force in the Pilot Zone; reduce about 40 supervisors in documents filing examination and checkpoint inspection to replenish the posts of real goods supervision and risk analysis by reform of service procedures and optimization of posts setting up. After integration and optimization, the total of section-level institutions is reduced from 31 to 22, 29.0% less.
(3) Doing well in the estimated allocation of human resources in the Pilot Zone Customs institutions. First, based on the existing human resources in the Pilot Zone, make the initial allocation of personnel of the inner comprehensive guarantee department, service department and on-site units of the Pilot Zone Customs in proportion of 5%, 20% and 75% to realize the goal of “weakening the upper and strengthening the lower” and shifting downward the main emphasis of work. Under the conditions of the total personnel of the Pilot Zone Customs increased from 403 persons to 503 persons, the comprehensive guarantee personnel reduced from 35 persons to 20 persons, 42.9% less; the supervisors of documents filing examination and checkpoints are reduced from 183 persons to 143 persons, 21.9% less. Second, according to the progress of adjustment and change of the Pilot Zone service procedure and posts setting up, continue to increase the ratio of on-site personnel. Assign all the human resources redundant from the service procedures and links, saved by application of sci-tech achievements and renovation of installation and equipment and newly replenished, to the front-line work at grass-roots of the risk analysis and real goods supervision so as to improve the customs control capability. Third, according to the actual progress of service reform and procedure resetting, scientifically estimate the overall demands of personnel allocation of the Pilot Zone Customs in a period from now on, strengthen the front-line supervision force in the Pilot Zone in the three channels: first, Shanghai Customs shall focus on the overall plan of existing human resources, pay attention to inner potential tapping and strengthen the actual supervision force by reducing the comprehensive guarantee department personnel in the Pilot Zone customs institution, cutting down the deployment of manpower of other units of Shanghai Customs, tilting to the allocation of new recruits in 2014; second, the General Administration of Customs shall send cadres to the Pilot Zone to take a temporary post, make transfer from inside of the system, and reflect the actual demands of human resources in the Pilot Zone Customs to the Establishment Office of the Central People’s Government to request for rational addition.
2. Renewal of sci-tech equipment
Renew sci-tech equipment of identification, monitoring, inspection and communication with high performance by application of up-to-date sci-tech achievements such as cloud computing, Internet of things and mass data operation, to realize optimized supervision, manpower saving, effective control and improved efficiency, thus providing strong hardware support for “informatization, intellectualization, facilitation and standardization. (For implementation procedures, see Annex 2)
(1) Checkpoint intellectualization upgrading. Deploy at checkpoints in the Pilot Zone the checkpoint intellectualized video monitoring system (including optical plate identifying equipment), electronic plate identifying equipment, RFID intelligent IC card readers, electronic lock detectors, electronic weighbridges, display screens, electronic bar managing, IPC, number recognition system, GPS, barcode identification equipment, visual intercom equipment, and high-definition monitoring equipment, to realize all-direction collection of logistical information, and realize the vehicles’ automatic split-flow and quick discharge according to risk analysis control requirements of the information system.
(2) Installation of pilot equipment of Internet of things. Install on freight vehicles electronic plates, RFID intelligent IC cards and electronic locks to load information of vehicles and goods. This equipment shall be bought by enterprises according to the customs trade standard, and to produce effect of demonstration application, the customs shall arrange the pilot equipment for enterprises to use.
(3) Allocation of the customs inspection equipment. They include H986 (including stationary type and vehicular type), cargo inspection X machines, large-scale radioactivity-sensing equipment, individual inspection equipment (including video inspection hand-held terminal, and law-enforcement recorder) and electronic weighbridges to help realize integrated, facilitated and intellectualized customs inspection.
(4) Allocation of software and hardware of the informatization system. They include middleware high-speed processing machines, load balancing devices, parallel cluster database machines, main memory database system, and main memory database server, etc. Realize mass data operation to satisfy the demands of services that require much real-time feedback such as dynamic accounting of processing and storage enterprises’ material consumption and stock.
(5) Allocation of network and communication equipment. They include core network equipment, access network equipment, comprehensive wiring, wireless access point, wireless controllers, network connection optical fibers and wireless trunked devices of the Pilot Zone Customs to provide passage of access and information transmission for intelligent video monitoring analysis system and the Pilot Zone Customs supervision informatization system equipment.
(6) Application of safety equipment. Apply the database safety auditing system and others to conduct centralized control over visits to the database.
3. Informatization system upgrading
Consolidate the existing customs special supervision area informatization system, innovate in modes by procedure resetting, improve the complete function of the informatization system of the customs special supervisions area in the Pilot Zone, optimize and perfect the management function of the customs internal and external networks, satisfy requirements of the customs for the supervision of the Pilot Zone, and adapt to the demands of the Pilot Zone service development and realize the efficient and convenient supervision (for implementation procedures, see Annex 3).
(1) The informatization system building in the Pilot Zone. Consolidate and upgrade the customs supervision informatization system of Shanghai customs special supervision area, realize the quasi real-time accounting of account books, link the database of pre-classified commodities, develop the automatic check function of account book merger and enrish the risk analysis function.
(2) H2010 clearance management system revising. In line with work requirements of services in the Pilot Zone, complete the adaptability revision in the H2010 clearance management system, mainly including selective taxation, cancellation of control over centralized customs declaration 7 filing bill, simplification and unification of bill format, cancellation of clearance bill networked check of front-line entry entry-exit filing bills, automatic issuance of certificates of bills of entry and filing bills; according to the overall plan of the processing trade system in the golden customs project phase 2, take priority consideration of cancelling relevant account book verification and write-off operation applicable to the Pilot Zone; increase the data exchange passage with the Pilot Zone Customs informatization system.
(3) The supportive building of relevant informatization system of the golden customs project phase 2. Include organically the Pilot Zone informatization system in the processing trade management system in the golden customs project phase 2, and realize both the unified standard and local features in bonded service supervision; take full consideration of the Pilot Zone service characteristics, increase the function of visual and dynamic inspection of the entire logistic chain in the Pilot Zone in the logistic monitoring system and realize the data comparison of applications for taking delivery; include the monitoring command in the Pilot Zone in the national command monitoring system, with data interconnected and intercommunicated, and emergency command coordinated and consistent with disposition.
(4) The supportive building of the external network platform. In cooperation with the launching of bonded goods flow service, increase the function of linking the Pilot Zone informatization system in pre-record. According to the planning of the external network applying the support platform in the golden customs project phase 2, build the Shanghai customs area exchange node of the external network exchange platform, providing the networked support for data exchange between the customs and other management departments in the Pilot Zone and providing the relevant software interface for the enterprise internal management system to link the Pilot Zone system.
(5) The building of the risk automatic identification system. Make comprehensive application of cloud computing, mass data and other new technology to conduct wide collection and comprehensive analysis of the customs internal and external data, build the mathematical model of dynamic risk analysis, realize the automatic risk identification and prompting, and provide support not only for the Pilot Zone but for the nationwide customs to develop service so as to realize the customs intelligent supervision.
IV. Organizational implementation
1. Organizational advancement
Every reform is under the unified leadership of the Party group of the General Administration, the Processing Trade Department taking the lead in coordination, and making overall advancement; the Sci-tech Department, the Personnel and Education Department and the Customs Guarantee Department are responsible for supporting guarantee, and each department and bureau in the Administration is responsible for special service. Shanghai Customs is responsible for specific implementation.
2. Specific implementation
Push forward the implementation on the principles of “first easy then difficult, key points taking priority, coordination and uniformity, and advancement in whole” and according to the near-term, mid-term and long-term procedures:
(1) Near-term: By June 2014, the reorganization of institutional personnel is basically completed, the central monitoring platform basically built up, the phase 1 development of the Pilot Zone customs supervision informatization system finished, except for H986, other check equipment is basically put in place, and the service procedures resetting and supervision mode innovation start up steadily;
(2) Mid-term: By December 2014, the development of the informatization system phase 2 is completed, H986 put in place, reform of intelligent checkpoint basically accomplished, and new service procedure and various new supervision modes basically implemented.
(3) Long-term: Accomplish all reform tasks in the Pilot Zone in one to two years, strive to copy and spread the successful experience in reform in the customs special supervision areas and the customs where conditions permit all over the country, meantime, according to the requirements of “do first when mature and gradually come into perfection”, allow to be the first to copy and spread reform measures during the pilot reform where conditions permit, and work hard to create the upgraded version of the customs administration that adapts to requirements of the new system of open economy and the market economy law.