Several Measures of General Administration of Customs on Supervising and Supporting Safely and Effectively and Promoting the Construction of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone
To conscientiously carry out relevant important directives of the central government leaders, implement the Framework Plan for the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone, actively explore new administrative mode of customs suited to the Pilot Free Trade Zone, further transform functions, optimize services, strengthen supervision, exercise effective control based on the current administration of special area under customs supervision, help boost Shanghai driving by innovation and development by transformation at a higher level, create the system and mechanism open to the outside world that can be copied and popularized and build up the updated version of Chinese economy, several measures are hereby formulated as follows:
I. Innovate in customs supervision, push forward trade facilitation
1. Innovate in “front line” entry-exit clearance mode. As required by “front-time opening-up”, allow enterprises to draw goods into the zone, upon declaration against the import manifest information within 14 days from the means of transportation making declaration and entry, and then complete the formalities for entry record list declaration with the competent customs authority; support the launching of international transit, consolidation and distribution business; under the premise of effective regulation, explore the building up of a model of goods status classified regulation, strengthen enterprise management, exercise in an all-round way paperless clearance operations, simplify the entry-exit record list and clearance formalities, perfect customs statistical methods and further raise the “front-line” entry-exit clearance efficiency in the PFTZ.
2. Strengthen supervision on the “back-line” entry-exit zone. As required for “safe and effective control over the back line”, strengthen management of goods, articles and persons entering and leaving checkpoints of PFTZ, perfect by optimization the supervisory means such as comparison of entry-exit record list, management of enterprise account books, checkpoint real goods verification, risk analysis and enterprise inspection and promote the link between the “back-line” supervision and “front-line” clearance to form a complete, effective, risk-control customs supervision chain in the PFTZ. At the same time of safety control, raise the efficiency of goods clearance at “back-line”.
3. Exercise electronic fencing management. Explore the building up of a unified information technology supervision system of PFTZ customs, realize the link between the information on enterprise operation and the customs supervision system; follow the checkpoint building standard of the General Administration of Customs to make intellectualized reconstruction of checkpoints in the existing special area under customs supervision in PFTZ; accelerate the building of central control platform in PFTZ to ensure efficient and convenient supervision.
4. Raise the efficiency of bonded goods flow. Simplify the formalities for goods flow in the PFTZ, make first try to the pilot “management system of bonded goods flow in the PFTZ, allowing the “distributed collection” and self transport of goods flow among enterprises in the PFTZ. Realize the efficient and convenient flow of goods among cross-customs special areas under customs supervision.
5. Optimize goods classified supervision. Under the premise of effective supervision, establish various account books management system of enterprises in the PFTZ by use of different modules of information technology system to meet various different business modes, satisfy bonded processing, bonded logistics, bonded service and such other diversified business development demands and realize classified supervision.
6. Integrate customs supervision resources. Focus on supervisory innovation, make overall human resource allocation, integrate supervisory resources, set up the efficient and unified customhouses stationed in the PFTZ to give full play to the efficiency of intensive management.
II. Support function extension, promote the development of new business mode
7. Support the enlarged opening-up of service industry. Actively promote the vigorous development of service industry in the PFTZ, make innovation and perfection in customs supervision compatible therewith. Support the development of headquarters economy, attract transnational enterprises to conduct settlement business in the PFTZ; support the launching of high-tech, high value-added and pollution-free maintenance business inside and outside the border; support enterprises in the zone in conducting R&D business including product design, brand creating and core components manufacturing; support the construction of a foreign cultural trade base, promote the development of foreign-oriented cultural industry and cultural products and “going-out” service; and support the exploration of offshore trade business so as to push forward the development of service diversification in the PFTZ.
8. Enlarge the business scope of bonded delivery of futures. Based on the pilot program of Yangshan bonded port area, according to relevant state policies, support the enlargement of pilot varieties, enterprises, and scope of bonded delivery of futures, and expand the financing function of pledge by commercial storage shipping documents.
9. Support the conducting of bonded display business. Allow the establishment of bonded display trade platform in the designated area of PFTZ; support the eligible enterprises in the zone in conducting bonded display trade outside the zone under the premise of providing effective guarantee.
10. Promote the pilot cross-border e-commerce. Based on the pilot cross-border e-commerce that has been conducted, according to relevant state policies, perfect pilot service function, enlarge service scope thereof, apply the pilot policy to the PFTZ, and establish a customs supervision mode suited to cross-border e-commerce function to effectively advance the better development thereof.
11. Establish a zone-port-link mechanism. Establish a zone-port-link customs supervision mechanism between the PFTZ on the one hand and Waigaoqiao Port Area, Yangshan deep-water port and Shanghai airport international hub port on the other.
III. Advance the implementation of policies and give play to the coordination advantages
12. Carry out the selective taxation policy. In accordance with the policy formulated by relevant departments of the State, levy importation VAT and consumption tax according to regulations on goods that the enterprises in the PFTZ produce, process and sell out of the zone through the “back line”, and the enterprises may apply for payment of import duty on imported materials and parts or on actual declaration status by selection.
13. Perfect the pilot policy on port-of-departure tax refund. Sum up the experience in pilot tax refund on port-of-departure at Shanghai Yangshan bonded port area, perfect relevant policies, along with relevant departments, and actively push forward the expansion of the scope of place of departure, shipping enterprises and means of transportation.
14. Carry out the policy on financing lease service. Actively support domestic leasing companies registered in the PFTZ in conducting financing lease service such as on airplanes, in accordance with relevant policies provided by relevant departments of the State Council.
IV. Strengthen risk control, cultivate the development environment of rule of law
15. Exercise IP customs protection according to law. Make efforts to protect IP of enterprises in the PFTZ, help enterprises boost innovative ability and core competitive power, give support to driving domestic and foreign IP resources moving together, and effectively crack down on tort.
16. Maintain the security of national ideology. Adhere to the forward direction of socialist advanced culture, effectively prevent printed matters, audiovisual products and other information media from penetrating or propagating in the PFTZ to harm Chinese politics, economy, culture and moral, and enhance risk control over relevant enterprises and goods.
17. Strike on smuggling illegal activity according to law. Conscientiously study the operational features in the PFTZ, strengthen monitoring analysis and comprehensive precautions against possible smuggling risks, and deal various smuggling illegalities fine, accurate and hard blows to prevent such phenomena as pornography, gambling and drugs that endanger the state security and social stability from emerging in the PFTZ, maintain and safeguard a good economic development environment.
V. Strengthen contact and coordination, establish a mechanism for cooperation and forward movement
18. Establish an effective cooperation mechanism. Strengthen coordination and cooperation with relevant state departments, further deepen the cooperation between the General Administration of Customs and Shanghai Municipality, set up a regular consultation mechanism between Shanghai Customs and relevant departments of Shanghai Municipality, adopt special working group and other forms to actively study the development demands of the PFTZ, solve new situations and new problems in pilot programs, promote and ensure the smooth development of every move of reform and innovation in the PFTZ.